Monday, April 24, 2017

A Double Take of the Cuyahoga

The next ship is one of the ships that brought me down to Belle Isle.
 I'm not sure where she was coming from, but she was headed to Sarnia.  As it turns out, she was headed to the stone docks that are across the river from Belle Isle.  More on that later in the post.
 Built in 1943, the Cuyahoga is the third oldest active laker on the lakes.  If the American Victory ever comes back in service, the Cuyahoga will be the fourth oldest laker.
 I have a feeling that she may not be long for the lakes.  She is starting to look a little worse for wear but you never know.  There are many lake boats that are looking pretty bad.
 Despite all the rust, she still looks pretty nice to me.  So you never know what will happen.
 And I thought she was continuing to another part of Sarnia.
 After about 15 minutes or so, she started to come back up the River.  I think this is the quickest I've went between catching a ship changing directions.  As it turns out, she was heading over to the dock across the river from Belle Isle.
At any rate, I'll try to catch her often.

No comments: