Saturday, April 8, 2017

A Pair of Wolverines Pass Chelsea

I've decided that Chelsea is a pretty nice spot to catch the Wolverine.
 This time I decided to catch it from the other side of the tracks.  I was hoping that I could get the train station in at least one of the shots.
 I was also hoping that I could get a different angle of the Jiffy silos in the picture.
 The signals indicated that the train would be appearing soon.
 And it wasn't too long after that it appeared.  I got one angle that I was looking for.
 I'm going to have to find a different spot to get the train station with the train I think.  This isn't too bad though.
 At 80+ miles per hour, it doesn't take long for the train to pass the depot.
 And it continues on its way to Ann Arbor.  I wasn't particularly happy with these shots, so I decided that I would come back for the westbound Wolverine.
 After wandering Embury Road, the westbound Wolverine appeared about an hour later.  The sun was just about right for it, although I think it might have played some tricks with the exposure settings.
 I really like getting pictures at this hour.  The colors of the sun make for some different colors in the picture itself.  I also like the direct lighting.
 And this time, I got more of the shot I was looking for.
 And as I said, it doesn't take too long for the train to pass by.
 And the train continues on its way to Jackson.  I think I will have to try this angle for the eastbound train someday.  I kind of like it.
I figured the Chelsea clocktower would make a pretty good bookend.

No comments: