Monday, April 17, 2017

Catching the Wolverines at Chelsea Again

So yesterday I decided that I wanted to catch some wildflowers.  Since Chelsea was on the way,  I decided to wait for the Wolverines.
 The afternoon eastbound Wolverine is train number 353.  It starts at Pontiac, MI at 10:35 A.M. and ends in Chicago, IL at 3:57.
 The train was running a little late which was just as well because I was running a little late.
 I'm not normally a fan of rear shots, but I do like this one.
 Amtrak Train #350 is the afternoon westbound Wolverine.  It starts in Chicago at 7:20 in the morning and ends in Pontiac at 3:00 in the afternoon.  It passes Ann Arbor around 1:00.  This one was also running a little late.  If I had gone a little west, I could have caught the two trains passing each other.
 This time I decided to train the camera on the Station.  I wanted more of the station in the picture.
 I think I like this one a little better.
 Later in the afternoon, I decided to catch Amtrak 352 which is the evening Wolverine.  It leaves Chicago at 12:50 in the afternoon and ends in Pontiac at 8:11. 
 This grain elevator is slightly east of Chelsea on Chelsea-Dexter Road.  Ever since I saw it, I wanted to get a train picture in front of it.
Since the Wolverines run regular schedules, they give me an opportunity to do so.

No comments: