Thursday, April 13, 2017

A Sunny Evening for Planes

After catching the Cuyahoga, I decided that I had some time to catch some planes at the airport.  It was a nice sunny night and was reaching the point where the lighting was pretty good.
 So I stopped at my favorite place and caught some planes for a bit.  First up was this MD-88 that was flying in from Atlanta.
 Anyone who follows this blog knows that I like the 757.  I think they are coolest looking passenger planes out there.  I really don't know why.  This particular one was coming in from Fort Myers, Florida. 
 And we have the Spirit in the Sky.
 So this CRJ-700 was coming in from Charleston.  It is actually operated by GoJet which uses the callsign of "Lindbergh".  I think it's kind of cool that they use callsigns like that.
This 737 was arriving from San Diego, CA.
 I actually think I like this color scheme.  It really stands out against the blue sky.  This particular A320 belonging to Spirit Airlines was arriving from Fort Myers, Florida.
 And this 757 was arriving from Sin City.
 A CRJ-200 comes in from McGhee Tyson Airport in Knoxville, TN.  The airport was opened in 1930 and named after Charles McGhee Tyson who was a US Navy Aviator who was lost on patrol during World War I.  He lived in Knoxville.  He was born in Clifton Springs, NY in 1891 and was the son of General Lawrence Tyson who was an Army General and businessman.  He attended Princeton and upon his graduation he served as an executive in his father's textile mills.  In 1917, he enlisted in the US Navy Reserve and was transferred to England in 1918 as a Lieutenant.  He was killed on October 11, 1918 when his plane crashed into the North Sea.
The original land used for the airport was donated by his parents.  In 1935, the airport was moved to its present location in Alcoa, TN.
 A CRJ-900 operated by GoJet flies in from Raleigh-Durham.
 A pair of planes coming in for a landing.  The plane in front (Airbus A320) is landing on 22R.  The plane in back (Boeing 717) is landing on 22L.
 This CRJ-700 is operated by ExpressJet (callsign Acey) and was coming in from Richmond.
 A 757 peeks behind the McDonald's sign.
 I'm not sure where this 757 was arriving from. 
 And this Airbus A319 was coming from Philadelphia.
And we end with a 737-900 that was coming in from Fort Lauderdale.

No comments: