Thursday, July 3, 2014

And Now the Mesabi Miner

It didn't look like there was going to be much traffic on Saturday, so I decided to take a ride over to Tahquamenon Falls.  Before doing that, there were a couple of ships that would be passing by.
 The first of those was another thousand footer, the Mesabi Miner.  It seems like I've been catching her every time I visit the Soo as well.  This is a little different that the Cort though since I do see her passing Detroit on occasion. 
 I'm not sure if I like this style of thousand footer or the Gott/Speer style.  Both have their interesting points though.
 A shot of her pilothouse and boom.
 She makes her way past.
 A shot of her stern.
 I then went over to the park by the Cloverland Power plant to catch her again.
 It seemed like she was moving slowly.
One more shot.

No comments: