Tuesday, November 4, 2014

And a New One

Another thing that took me down to Detroit was the fact that I had a chance to see a ship that I haven't seen yet.
 The main reason that I haven't seen her is becaue this is her innagural season. 
 She is another one of the Algoma ships that was constructed in China.  She came over here earlier this year.
 As you can see, she's a straight decker which means that she will mostly be used for the grain trade.
 Since she spends a fair amount of time in the Welland Canal, her sides take some degree of abuse.
 She's a very clean looking ship though.  And even though this might get my boatnerd card taken away, I think she's a fairly nice looking ship.
 I only hope she lasts half as long as some of the ships she is replacing.
 But even then, she'll be around for a while.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she passes by.

No comments: