This power plant was built on land that originally housed a lumber mill. Construction on the plant started in 1914 and was completed in 1922 and could generate 300 MW of power. The plant was idled from 1988 to 1992 and recommissioned in 1992. In 2002, it was idled again. In 2012, it was officially decommissioned. Currently, it is undergoing demolition.