Monday, November 10, 2014

The First of Two Surprise Visitors...the John D. Leitch

After the Walter J. McCarthy passed by, I thought I was done with boatwatching for the day.  I didn't want to stick around too long because I didn't want to get stuck in the football traffic as the game got out.    I still checked AIS as I stepped out of the Conservatory and saw that I had a chance to catch a couple more ships.
 The first of those was the John D. Leitch.  She is one of my favorite boats because so many people think she's ugly.
 She's different looking but she is far from ugly.  She almost looks like a classic laker, so that gives her some plusses.
 She's got a pretty cool looking pilothouse.
 A nice classic hull shape.
 Her self unloader doesn't look that bulky.
 Here she greets the subject of my next post.
 Nom...Nom....Nom.....
 And she continues on her way down the Detroit River.
 A shot of her profile and I think she has a pretty nice profile.
One more shot before moving on.

No comments: