Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Algowood Passes by Port Huron

So I decided to head back up to Port Huron today.  If I had gotten up sooner, I could have caught a couple more ships but this was pretty good considering that one of them was a new ship.
 The first ship that I caught was the Algowood.  I came pretty close to missing her.  I've caught her before, so that wouldn't have been a big loss and if I had just missed her,  I could have caught her further down the river.
 She departed from Thunder Bay, Ontario at 1:00P.M. on Friday with a load of grain.  Thunder Bay is at the northern part of Lake Superior and is almost due north of Isle Royale.  I think it is almost the same distance as Duluth.
 This picture was taken at almost 1:00 P.M. today which means that it takes two days to get from Thunder Bay to Port Huron.  I guess that gives you an idea of just how vast the Great Lakes are.
 A closer shot of her.  I'm not a huge fan of the rear pilothouse ships but some of them do look nice.
 And she continues on past the bridge.
 She gives me a nice profile.
 A closer shot of her pilothouse.
 The river was a little calmer today, which gave me some better reflections.
And she continues on her way to Baie Comeau which is almost at the end of the St. Lawrence Seaway.  I think it will take her another couple of days to get there.

No comments: