Saturday, November 29, 2014

The Buffalo on a Blustery Day

It looked like it would be a good day for boatwatching.  The sun was shining and the temperature was supposed to be in the 40's.  Unfortunately, none of that mentioned the wind.  It was pretty windy today.
 The sun was shining though and that made for some decent pictures.  Anyway, if you look to the left, you can see that I made two thirds of my trifecta.
 A shot of the ship coming in off Lake Huron.
 And she gets closer.
 A shot of her framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 A shot after she passed under the Bridge.  I kind of like this angle the best.
 Another shot with the Bridge in it.
 She's almost straight out.
 And a shot of her stern.
 So then I went down the River a bit to catch her from another spot. 
 A shot almost straight out.
 I kind of like it when the sky has a little definition in it.
 Then I headed down to Marysville to catch her in one more spot.
 As I said at the beginning, it was pretty windy, so that made for some nice wave action.
 A wave crashing against the bow.
 Another almost straight out shot.
 And a shot of her pilothouse.
She continues on her journey towards Cleveland.  I'm not sure what she is carrying though.

No comments: