Sunday, April 7, 2013

And Arthur M. Anderson Closes the Day Out

While she's not my favorite boat, she's certainly up there.  If nothing else, for the role she played in the Edmund Fitzgerald disaster but she is a pretty cool looking boat.
 She stands out on the horizon and starts to make her approach for the channel.  One of the things I like about shipwatching is the peacefulness.  For the most part they move deliberately and until they are close, you can hear the waves and stuff.
 She starts to approach the spot where she makes the turn into the river.
 She makes her final turn to enter the River, which gave me a chance for a headshot on her.
 You almost get a full shot of her but I do like this angle.
 And she approaches a channel marker.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 Another shot of her full length.
 And her pilothouse.
 And again...
 Her deckhouse.  She was going to be offloading at Zug Island, so I think I heard the sailors as they were getting the hatches ready for that.
 A straight on shot of her pilothouse.
 And she starts to move away.
 One more shot of her deckhouse.
 And the Stars and Stripes flying proudly in the wind.  Why anyone would want to fly the Panamanian or Liberian flag from back here is beyond me.
 Her stack.
 Another shot of her fantail.
And one more shot of her as she passes the rocky beach.

No comments: