Thursday, April 18, 2013

The Night Time is the Right Time...for a Skyline

My friend Chris is currently taking a photography class.  His next assignment is to take a night shot and he decided that he wanted to get some nighttime skyline shots from over in Windsor.  Since I've wanted these shots for a while, I decided to tag along.

Sadly, it was a rainy night.  Even more sadly,  I couldn't get any lightning strikes in my pictures.  Still, I liked what came out.
 I was kind of surprised to see the Ren Cen so lit up.  I didn't think they lit it up at night.
 A more pulled back shot with a slightly longer exposure.  I'm going to have to go back when the river is calmer because I think the reflections on the Detroit River would look pretty cool.
 My favorite part of the Detroit skyline.  I think Detroit has one of the better skylines out there.  It's not as tall as other cities but there is definitely some uniqueness to its buildings.
 I still think it's pretty cool, even when you throw the Ren Cen in the mix.
 A slightly longer exposure.  Sadly, I didn't have a tripod with me, so I was kind of limited to where I could set my camera, hence the fence picture, but I kind of like it.
 Another shot pulled back for the Ren Cen.
 If you look very closely, you can see that I photobombed my own picture.
 I think I might have done the same in this picture, but I don't remember.
And one more shot.  We saw the way the lights from the Caesar's Palace were reflecting off the buildings.

No comments: