Monday, April 29, 2013

Wandering on Midland Street

So I was up at my mom's over the weekend.  Before we went on our adventure, we decided to grab lunch on Midland Street at the River Rock Cafe.  It was actually pretty good.
 Before moving on, I decided to take some pictures.  This is called Lucky's Pub.  When I was growing up, it was Lucky's Record Shop.  I don't know how many cassettes and albums I bought here but it was quite a few.  Sadly, they went out of business shortly after I left town.  That was a sign of things to come, I suspect.
 A mural showing that this building is the Unclaimed Freight Store.  Not sure how long it's been in business but it's at least as long as I've been around.
 One of the blocks on Midland Street.
 This used to be known as the Arlington Hotel.  I don't think it was a hotel then but I guess it was a hotel at some point in its existence.
 The store on the end used to be known as Billings.  It was a five and dime store.  I remember getting little trinket type toys there when I was a kid.
 This used to be a furniture store.  Not sure what it was before then.
 Midland Street is famous for it's bars.  On this particular block there are at least three bars.
 Duso's is kind of the old townie bar.
 O'Hare's was the trendy bar for a while.  If I recall, they have a Christmas Tree hanging upside down from the ceiling.

Looking the other direction on Midland Street.

No comments: