Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Algoma Quebecois

The next ship is a repeat visitor to Michigan Exposures.  Except that the last time she visited with us, she wasn't wearing Algoma colors and her name was only one word.
 As I mentioned in the linked post, she was purchased by the Algoma Central Corporation last year and she was renamed the Algoma Quebecois.  So she basically got to keep her name.  Her she is rounding Belle Isle.  As I said, if I would have gone to the other end of Belle Isle, I would have caught her passing American Courage.  Oh well.
 They painted over the Quebecois on her pilothouse.  However it looks like she is mostly sporting the same paint as last time.  They added the bear though.
 Here she is getting a little closer.
 I probably say this too much on this blog, but I like the look of the classic lake freighters.
 A closeup of her but she is kind of obscured by the buildings behind her.
 My favorite shot.  It was actually a pretty nice day for photographs.  You can see the nice blue of the Detroit River in this shot.
 A close up of her bow.
 And her pilothouse.
 Her stack was also painted to the Algoma colors.
 In case you forgot her name.
 Her mast.
 Some of her cargo hatches.
 A shot of her pilothouse as she moves on.
And one last shot.

1 comment:

Isaac said...

Believe if or not, most boatwatchers (including me) are upset about the name change on her and her sister Algoma Montrealais when neither boat had the "Canadian" prefix. They are also unhappy about the United Way Logo being displayed where the name banner used to be.