Thursday, June 14, 2012

Interesting Day at the Ann Arbor Airport

After work, I decided that I was going to head down to the Diag to take pictures of the flag there for Flag Day.  As I pulled onto State Street, I looked up in the sky and saw a Stearman PT-17.  So I decided to stop at the Ann Arbor Airport first in the hopes of catching a glimpse of it.
 Since I was there, I figured I would take some pictures of the planes that were doing touch and goes at the time.  I believe this plane is a Cessna of some sort.
 Another plane practing touch and goes.
 The same plane in the first picture making a couple passes.
 Unfortunately, the PT-17 was coming in for the evening but I saw a gathering at the EAA building at the airport, so I figured I would ask if I could take pictures of the plane.
 They said yes.  While I was hoping to get some pictures of the plane in flight, this would work because it is not often that I get pictures of a plane like this without throngs of people in the way.
 I would have to say they did a pretty good job of restoring her.  She looks as good as a model or something.
 Probably my favorite angle for taking plane pictures because you get the full scope of the plane.  This angle works pretty well for ships too.
 A shot from the other side.  Mainly because I wasn't shooting into the sun.
 A rear 3/4's shot.
 Looking down the fuselage almost.
 It's amazing for all of the technology that goes into a modern cockpit, a pilot from this era of plane wouldn't feel too out of place.
 Looking straight on.
 A 3/4's from the rear shot.
And a shot of the tail.

I was to express my gratitude to the Ann Arbor EAA chapter.  You guys could have said no.  So thank you.

No comments: