Sunday, June 10, 2012

A Sunny Day at Milliken State Park

Before I left my mom's, I took a look at the ais.boatnerd.com site and saw that it was going to be a busy day on the Detroit River with at least 4 ships downbound and one upbound.   So I left Bay City and headed down I-75 to get to Milliken State Park.  Little did I realize it was going to be a hot day as well.  Oh well, it wasn't too bad down on the River.
 The pretty much standard view of the Renaissance Center you get from Milliken.  Actually, I think this is one of the better views other than being right under it.
 I kind of like this display because it shows the St. Lawrence Seaway System.  Too bad it couldn't be tied into an ais site and used to track ships through the Lakes and Rivers.
 There is a pretty cool Merry Go Round with Michigan themed animals.  This looks like a trout of some sort.  The fish behind it would be a sturgeon, I believe.
 A Canada goose.
 Don't get too many mermaids in the lakes though....
And one more shot of the Renaissance Center with some foilage in the front.

No comments: