Friday, June 8, 2012

Remnants of the Peonies

I am glad that I caught the peonies when I did because I think if I would have waited until after my trip, I wouldn't have much to take pictures of.  My thoughts were confirmed as I stopped at the Arboretum tonight.  There were still a few but not nearly as many as the last time.
 I got some pictures of flowers that are not peonies mixed in with the series.  I think these are a type of rose.
 As is this one.
 As you can see the petals are starting to wilt and they don't look as nice as the last time.
 But they still look pretty nice.
 I think the pinks may be a little deeper this time.
 I kind of like the yellow against the white flower.
 I really like the hits of pink.

 The sun was hitting this one pretty well.  May have given it a little bit of a glow.
 A nice mixture of colors.
 Again with a little hint of pink.
 More than a hint of pink.
 Some purples in the flower and the background.

 I think I like this one the most.

 I think this may be my favorite shot of the series.
The building at the front of the Arboretum.  I liked the way the light was hitting it.

1 comment:

rev.wendy said...

This is great post. I love the purple one....ahh...I love them all...:)