Thursday, June 21, 2012

Gabriel's Steak Hoagies

It was a pretty hot night tonight and there wasn't much coming down the river at the time I would be passing by Detroit, so  I decided to head home.
 But before going home, I went to grab a bite to eat at Gabriel's cheese steak hoagies.  I figured that since I sometimes feature restaurants on this blog, I would do a bit about this one.
 I'm not sure if cultural institution is the right word but it has a pretty good cheese steak hoagie.  If I remember from a newspaper clipping they used to have there, the original owner was stationed in or near Philadelphia and enjoyed cheese steaks.  He decided to bring the idea back here and Gabriel's was born.
 The menu itself is pretty simple.  There's a cheese steak hoagie which has cheese and shaved ribeye.  There is the steak hoagie without the cheese.  They also have a cold cut sandwich, ham and cheese and a salad of some sort.  You can add mushrooms and peppers to the sandwichs if you want.  I'm not sure where they get the peppers but they are really good.
 The cheese steak is pretty good and I haven't tried any of the other sandwiches there.
It's on Michigan Avenue if you are looking for cheese steaks.  The building is yellow, so you really can't miss it.

1 comment:

Vince said...

Love the Cheesesteaks, they have a location in Westland also.