Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Tri-Centennial Light Again....

Since they were setting up for the Freedom Festival at the other end of Milliken State Park, I ended up going to my normal end of the park.  This meant that I could get some pictures of the lighthouse.
 A shot of the tower.  They pointed out on the boat tour that this light is based on the one in Tawas.  I never really noticed before but now that it is mentioned, I can see the resemblance.
 The water was almost smoothe enough.
 I still think this lighthouse is odd because most of the time lighthouses are in isolated areas and not urban areas.
 Unfortunately, you can't see it in these pictures.
I tried to get more of the lighthouse relfection but I wasn't at the right spot.

2 comments:

Isaac said...

Nice shots! I got some pictures of this from Belle Isle but I'd rather not publish them.

Isaac said...

Is that light actually an aid to navigation?