Wednesday, June 6, 2012

One More Ride on the Wolverine

So it was one more trip on the Wolverine to get home.  That is one of the not so good parts of going out east from Michigan.  There is no north-south route from Detroit to connect with the east-west routes.  So it meant taking a bus from Ann Arbor to Toledo, driving to Toledo or taking the train to Chicago to double back.  I opted for the last one because of the times involved.
Passing through the Amtrak Railyard again.
For all the times I've passed by, I never noticed this rail bridge before.
One of the older Amtrak engines.
My standard river shot leaving the station.
And my other standard shot.
One of the trains in Gary, Indiana.
The Old Michigan City Lighthouse.
I don't recall ever stopping at Niles, Michigan before.  I wonder if it is a new stop.
As we were stopped at the Kalamazoo station, I decided to get a shot looking down one of the streets.
A grainery somewhere between Battle Creek and Jackson.
The station in Jackson which meant that the next stop would be home.  I kind of wish that Ann Arbor had a classic station like this.
Normally, I am taking the 6:00 train out of Chicago, which means I arrive in Ann Arbor at around midnight.  Because of this, I never get a parting shot of the train as I am leaving the station.  Since I caught the earlier train out of Chicago, I had that chance this time.  This is looking at the train from the bridge crossing over to the long term parking lot.  I kind of like the shot.
A closeup of the back engine as it starts to pass under the bridge.

No comments: