Monday, September 24, 2012

Some Flowers at Milliken State Park

Saturday I headed over to a boatnerd gathering on Belle Isle with a friend of mine.  But before heading there, I saw that there was a ship that was already roughly at the top of Belle Isle.  I didn't think we'd make it to Belle Isle in time, so I had us stop at Milliken State Park.
Often there is a bit of a wait when you are out boatwatching.  Fortunately, there is a group of flowers near my boatwatching spot on Milliken.  So I decided to take pictures of them.  I think this is some sort of rose, but I might be wrong.
 Same bush, different flower.
 It's amazing that there are still flowers around but then again, this has been an odd summer.  I think this is a Jerusalem artichoke but I'm not sure.
 I'm not sure what kind of flower this is but I do like the looks of it.
Another Jerusalem artichoke but again I'm not sure.

But enough of the flowers....let's get to the ships...In the next post.

No comments: