Monday, September 3, 2012

The American Century!

Normally when I look at AIS, I pay attention to the downbound side and don't pay as much attention to the upbound side because this next ship caught me by surprise.  She's been on this blog before, so I'm not going into the details here.  You can see those here though.
 I was starting to think that I wouldn't be able to get any pictures of proper ships.  I did see the American Integrity but I couldn't get to a place where I could take her picture.  I had pictures of other ships but they were far on the horizon.  There was the barge...but that's not a proper ship.
 The American Century is a proper ship but my light was starting to wane, so I wasn't sure how the pictures would turn out.  I was afraid they would be more blurry than this one.
 But then I bumped up some ISOs and went into manual mode.  For some reason, the auto settings don't like dusk.
 With manual mode, I can get the scene a little darker than the auto settings do.
 And she starts to head out of the way.
In the back, you can see one of my upcoming subjects.

No comments: