Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Mackinac Bridge from Straits State Park

The fall colors are coming back to Michigan with a vengeance so I thought it would be a good day to go up north yesterday.  I was thinking about going to Sleeping Bear Dunes National Park but I saw that my favorite ship was locking down at the Soo Locks which meant I would have plenty of time to catch her at DeTour.  So it was off to DeTour instead.
 As we were crossing the bridge, I saw that there was a ship that was just passing under the Bridge and I kind of wanted to catch a picture of her under the Bridge, so I figured we would try a different park.  This time, we went to the Straits State Park which is on the eastern St. Ignace of the Bridge.  It is almost directly opposite of the park where I normally take my pictures of the Bridge.
 I'm pretty sure that I have over 1000 pictures of the Bridge but I don't have any from this park which is a shame because it presents a nice view.  I've always wondered where people got pictures of the Bridge framed with trees like this one.
 Now I know.  It definately gives it a more rustic look.
I may have to try to come here in the morning sometime so that I can have more lit pictures of the Bridge.
 But it is still a pretty nice view.
And now I have another angle to my collection of Bridge pictures.

No comments: