Monday, September 10, 2012

And the Mississagi

Now, I like most of the ships that ply the Great Lakes but I like the classic lake freighters the most.  And seriously, you can't get much more classic than this one.
 The last time I saw her was up in Bay City and I'll have to admit, the Saginaw River makes an excellent backdrop but I'm still partial to the Detroit River.
 The only thing I don't like so much is that the backgrounds can be a little more distracting.
 Especially when they have a Canadian Frigate in them.
 Or Windsor.
 Or more of Windsor.
 Or the Eye of Sauron.
But in some places, you get a fairly clean background.

And that concludes the shipwatching portion of yesterday.

1 comment:

Christopher List said...

I still prefer the unloader on the rear. I think these look kind of confused.