Monday, September 10, 2012

The Presque Isle Passes Nicholson Dock

So after waiting for about an hour in line and then a bus ride, we finally made it to the place where the De Wert was docked.  As we were mulling about, I looked downriver and saw that the Presque Isle was coming upriver.  So I had to snap pictures of her.
 The De Wert was docked at the Nicholson Dock which gave me an opportunity to get a ship from a different vantage point.  I was glad that a ship gave me the opportunity.
 The ship in question was the Presque Isle.  She is one of thirteen 1000 footers on the Great Lakes.  She is also an integrated tug/barge and the only one of those that I really like.
 This part was built in Bay City.
 This part was built somewhere else.
 The clouds made for some pretty dramatic shots.
 As she is set off against the Ambassador Bridge.
 You can see that she is being visited by an old friend.
 A shot against the bow of the De Wert.
And one last shot before heading to the De Wert.

No comments: