Saturday, September 8, 2012

Some Planes Over Rynearson

I'm not sure if these were for a flyby over Michigan Stadium or something else but it was pretty cool to see them.

First up is a C-17 Cargo Plane.  As I was taking pictures of the game, I heard the sound of a jet engine.  I looked up quickly enough to get this picture.

And a little bit later, I heard another jet engine and saw this KC-135.  We don't usually get to see these around here.  The KC-135 Stratotanker is a aerial refuelling plane based on the 707 design.  It was developed to replace the KC-97 propellor plane and entered service in the 50's.  The design has been updated over the years but may get replaced by a tanker based on the 767.

And a shot as he heads off.

I think this plane belongs to the University of Michigan flyers.

No comments: