Monday, November 12, 2012

Pictures from Los Angeles Harbor

Technically the Iowa is in San Pedro but I'm not actually sure where San Pedro ends and Long Beach begins.  For that matter, I'm not sure what this channel is called.  But at any rate, it leads into a fairly busy harbor.

Forgive me but I'm not even going to attempt to look up the histories of the following ships, I'm more or less just along for the ride on this one.
 This is the YM New Jersey and is owned by the Yang Ming lines.
 The Ever Conquest getting loaded.  One of the things I like about ocean going ships is the array of colors.
 The New Jersey passing by.  I guess it would make sense that I would see a ship called the New Jersey while I'm on the Iowa.
 One of the tugs that was behind the New Jersey.  I'll have to admit this is a pretty odd looking tugboat.
 The New Jersey as she passes by.
 The New Jersey and tug.
 I pulled back a little bit to get a shot of the Vincent Thomas Bridge.  To the left you can see my next visitor.
 The orange ship on the left is the Cap Maryland.  She is heading out to the Pacific Ocean, I am presuming with goods headed somewhere.
 It's not often I see orange ships on the Great Lakes, unless they have a stripe down the bow.
 She gets a little closer.
 One way to tell she's a saltie.  I guess all of the ships here would be salties.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.
 Another odd looking tugboat.
 A closer shot of her pilothouse.
 And she starts to pass by.
 A tug called the Admiral.
 The New Jersey going into dock.
 Another shot of the Cap Portland.
 Pulled out for the bridge again.
 A sheriff's helicopter.
 Near the parking lot for the Iowa was this fireboat that was used by Los Angeles.
 Another angle of her.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.
 Even the Mouse has a presence here.  One of the chimes sounded like "It's a Small world".
 A couple more shots of the ship at dock.
I do like the mixture of colors between the ship and her containers.

No comments: