Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Blough Passes Algonac State Park

Sadly, all fun things must reach a conclusion.  So would my following of the Blough.
 I had one more place I could watch her before we parted ways and she went off into Lake St. Clair and I went home.  And that place was Algonac State Park.  The channel for the freighters is on the other side of Harsen's Island and M-29 heads the opposite direction.
 Plus it was getting dark, so I didn't have a chance to get other pictures of her.  Which is just as well since I put in a pretty full day.
 I kind of like the multicolored sky.  The smoke from her stack sets off pretty well.
 Like I said, just enough clouds.  Just wish that it wasn't cloudy to the west, because I'd like some of that golden light.
 Oh well.  Antother shot of her pilothouse.
 And almost side on shot as she approaches.
 A shot just so you can get an idea of the size of the River.
 A closer shot.
 And a straight on shot of her pilothouse.
And this time, this shot means good bye.

I'll have to admit, it was pretty fun following her along the St. Clair River.  It gives me hope that I can do my longer term goal of following her along her travels.

I hope I didn't give you too many shots of the Blough.

1 comment:

northtrekker said...

I can never see enough photos of the Roger Blough! My favorite of all of the boats on the water! I was fortunate to be a guest on the Roger Blough in July/August. In fact, I was taking photos of scenery at the same time that you were photo-ing the Blough. Great boat, inside and out! I appreciate your photos and efforts to capture it!