Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Roger Blough Enters Port Huron

The next ship has appeared on this blog in the past.  Repeatedly in fact.  I didn't think that I would see her today because I thought she would be approaching Port Huron after dark.
 Imagine my happiness as I saw her out on Lake Huron.  It was pretty cool since I haven't seen her down this way in a long time.  It seems like she's been going to Gary pretty much exclusively.
 She tells the Henry Jackman to get out of her way.
 After a couple of turns, she enters the St. Clair River.
 And a picture I've been wanting to get for a while...The Roger Blough framed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 She gets a little closer, so she's more prominent.
 She passes under the Blue Water Bridge.
 And then starts to turn into the River.  I was amazed at how fast the current was moving at this point.
 The beauty of the head shot.  She is probably my favorite ship because in this view she reminds me of a snapping turtle.
 And she starts to head down the St. Clair River.
 One more shot with the Blue Water Bridge as her backdrop.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 And her distinctive stack.
 Her somewhat distinctive unloading system.
 Another shot of her stack.
Normally this picture would be the last I'd take of her in a day...but not today.

No comments: