Saturday, November 3, 2012

The Indiana Harbor starts to pass Port Huron

As I said in my earlier post, there was a fair amount of traffic on the St. Clair River today.  After backtracking to catch the Munson, I was hoping that we wouldn't miss the Indiana Harbor as she was almost approaching Port Huron.
Fortunaely, she was moving at about 5 or 6 knots, so it was pretty easy to catch up to her.  I think I would have liked this shot more if that platform weren't in the way.
I like this shot, but I think I would have liked it more if I weren't shooting into the sun as much.
I was suprised at how close to the short she was.  I was able to get this shot with my littler lens.
A shot of her superstructure.
Nearby was the Captain Henry Jackman, of Algoma Central.  She was going a little slower than the Indiana Harbor.  I presume that was so that the Indiana Harbor could pass her.
The little boat at the right is the Buckthorn.  She is a Coast Guard tug.
Another shot of the Indiana Harbor's superstructure.
And one more.  Like I said, I was amazed at how close she was passing.

No comments: