Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Another Polish Ship Passes

As I see more of them, I get more used to the salties and I start to like them more.  It seems like many of them are pretty well maintained.  I get that they are going to have rust because the ocean is much harder on ships than the lakes.
 The next ship is another ship that belongs to Polsteam and she is the Iryda and has appeared on this blog before.
 I'm not sure where she was coming from but I presume it was either Duluth or Thunder Bay and she is likely carrying a load of grain.
 In this picture, she was on her way to Montreal.  I assume that was for further provisioning and she left Montreal for her current destination on July 5.
 As I type this post, she is roughly in the middle of the Atlantic and according to AIS, she wont be at her destination of Ravenna, Italy until July 22.  This picture was taken on July 1 which means it is roughly three weeks to get from either Duluth or Thunder Bay to Europe.  I think there may be a couple of stops along the way though.
 A shot of her pilothouse and stack.
 She flies the Cyprus flag.
One more parting shot before she continues on her way.

No comments: