Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Waking Up to the Edgar Speer

Based on AIS, Sunday looked like it was going to be another day where there was a flurry in the morning and later in the afternoon but a pretty dead period in between.  Again, we thought about heading to Tahquamenon Falls.  But first, I had a couple ships to catch.
 I was up at almost the first light.  I thought it was going to be a little hazier though.  First up was the Edgar Speer.
 I think she was returning from Conneaut and heading up to Two Harbors but I don't remember and I'm not sure I can look it up.
 The water was almost still enough to get some nice reflections.
 A shot of her bow.
 And a shot of her pilothouse.  I like this style of 1000 footer.  For some reason, it reminds me of a Star Destroyer from Star Wars.
And one more shot as she heads towards the Locks.

No comments: