Thursday, July 13, 2017

Things On Or Near the Rouge River

On July 4th, I decided to head over to the Rouge River.  I saw that the Kaye Barker was making her way up the river and I thought catching her would be a good epilogue to my Engineer's weekend.
 I think I found a spot where I might be able to train watch for a little bit.  It seems like sometimes when I'm passing it is pretty busy and other times not so much.  This is not the fabled Del Ray tower.  I do know that is a CSX engine to the right.
 I think the Rouge River has made some strive in the past 30 or so years.  Everyone knows about the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland caught on fire but not too many people know that the Rouge River did the same in 1969 which is the same year as the other fire.  At one time it was said that the Landsat program didn't even recognize it as a river.
 Now there is actually some life on it.  Here is a pair of turtles sunning on a log.
 I think this is the littler turtle as he jumped in the water.
One of the switcher engines at the steel plant.

No comments: