Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Friday Afternoon Planes

After trying to catch the B-17, I decided to take the afternoon off.  I have plenty of vacation at work, so it wasn't too much a problem.
 So I decided to head over to Metro Airport to catch some planes over there.  It was a pretty nice day and the clouds were just right.  First up was this CRJ-900 that was flying in from Buffalo, New York.
 Next up was this CRJ-200 coming in from Binghamton, New York.
 This was the same CRJ-900 as in the first picture.  I think it had to do a go around for some reason.
 Of course, I'm always happy to see my favorite plane as it lines up for the approach.
 That of course is the 757.  This particular one is the 200 version.
 This particular one was arriving from Atlanta.
 Next up is a CRJ-700 coming in from Elmira, NY.
 And then there was a CJR-700 arriving from Richmond.
 And she was landing on 21R which gave
 And this CRJ-200 was arriving from Scranton, PA.
 One thing I like about planewatching in the early afternoon is that I can catch the heavies as they come in.  This A330 was coming in from Amsterdam.
 This is a Dassault Falcon 2000 but I'm not sure where it came from.
 And of course one of my favorites is the Queen of the Skies or the 747.  This one was arriving from Shanghai.
 An Airbus A320 arriving from Atlanta.
 And this 767 was coming in from Munich.
The Munich flight was quickly followed by a 767 coming from London.
 And then there was this American Airlines CRJ-200 arriving from Philly.
 I can't make out the tail number, so I'm not sure where this MD-90 is arriving from.
An Airbus 320 belonging to Frontier Airlines arriving from Denver.  Apparently this one is Flo the Flamingo.
Next up is an A330 arriving from Paris.
 Another set of livery that I like is the one that belong to Southwest.  It is nice to see other colors than white.  This particular 737 was arriving from Midway.
 This E170 was coming in from Houston.
 I like some of the Spirit livery.  I like this one well enough because it has some color in it.  This Airbus 320 was coming in from New Orleans.
 I think this is the Delta flight from Frankfurt.
 This particular MD-90 was arriving from Minneapolis.
 A 757-300 arriving from LAX.
 A Boeing 717 arriving from New Orleans.
 Another plane that I was waiting for was the 747 that was arriving from Tokyo.
 After the 747, I decided to head over to Willow Run.  I thought I'd have a chance to catch a 727.
 Turns out that all I caught there was this Piper Arrow.
 After going home for a bit, I decided to head back to the airport.  I was hoping to catch the Royal Jordanian 787.  I did but barely.
 I did catch this Lufthansa 747 arriving from Frankfurt.
 I have to say that the light was just about perfect.
 And then there was this 737 belonging to Southwest that was arriving from Baltimore.
 This Southwest 737 was coming in from Atlanta.
 Coming from the land of Soundgarden, Nirvana and Jimi Hendrix was this 757-300.
 The Spirit of the Cayman Islands arriving from Atlanta.
 And it was followed by a company A320 from Myrtle Beach, Florida.
 This E170 was coming from Memphis.
 Another E170 coming from Houston.
 The Spirit of Turks and Caicao Islands was arriving from Seattle.
 And because you can never have enough CRJ, this 200 was coming in from our State Capital.
 One plane I can never get enough of is the 757.
 This 300 was coming from Mexico City.
 And this 737 was arriving from San Diego.
 Another plane that I was hoping to catch was the MD-11 flown by Fed Ex.
 It is Flight 505 from Memphis.
Not to be confused by the Rolling Stones song of the same name.

No comments: