Sunday, July 9, 2017

Engineer's Day - 2017

Just some of the pictures around Engineer's Day.  They use this to showcase other entities in the area.
 An Ontario Provincial Police Car.
 I'm not sure what kind of truck this is, but it belongs to the US Army.
 This is a boat that belongs to the Michigan Conservation Officers. 
 The Corps of Engineer's mascot.  I think he is reminding everyone to wear their life jacket.
 This is one of my favorite views of the Locks.
 Looking up at the tower.
 A view of the Administration Building that
 There is a post office at the Soo.  It is used to send mail to ships that are passing through the Locks.
 I kind of like this poster.  It shows the comparison of a 1000 foot ship and the load it can carry to other means of transportation.
 A map that shows the cargoes and destinations of the Great Lakes.  It is kind of cool.  This is another map that I would be interested in getting on my own.
 Another shot of the post office.

 This was kind of cool.  HIs mouth would move with his words.  I think someone was answering the questions.
 A Survey Vessel for the Locks.  It is used to find objects at the bottom of the water.  It is especially helpful for objects that could ruin navigation.
A border patrol dog.

No comments: