Friday, July 7, 2017

Crossing the Mackinac Bridge

As we were crossing the Mackinac Bridge, my dad was driving so that gave me the opportunity to get some pictures.
 I kind of like getting pictures as I'm crossing the Bridge.  It is a very beautiful bridge and it is pretty well kept up.
 Of the many times that I have crossed the Mackinac Bridge, I've never had the opportunity to get a picture of a ship.  The ship in question is the Vlieborg belonging to Wagenborg of the Netherlands.  I think she was heading to Chicago but I'm not sure what she was carrying.  At any rate, I think these are pretty neat looking ships.
 Another shot of the bridge.  I tried to get a picture of the ship as she was passing underneath.  Unfortunately,  I couldn't get the right angle to clear the railing.
Heading east on M-134 to DeTour Village.  Normally I would stop at the park near the Mackinac Bridge to get some pictures but there were ships to be had as they were passing DeTour.

No comments: