Friday, July 2, 2010

South Haven Lighthouse

My next stop on my tour was the South Haven Lighthouse. This is another lighthouse I visited before but again it was on my way, so I stopped to take some pictures.

The first lighthouse was built here in 1872 and was replaced in 1903 by the current lighthouse. It stands 35 feet tall.

Looking out at the pier towards the lighthouse. It is another lighthouse with a catwalk. This seems to be a pretty common practice near the southern part of Lake Michigan and judging by some of the pictures I've seen, I can see why.

A closer shot of the lighthouse. The lighthouse is painted red because it on the right side of the channel as you are coming in.

A shot from the other side of the catwalk.

A shot of the tower.

A picture of a sailboat as it comes in.



Another sailboat coming in.

A shot of the channel entrance. There is an automated lighthouse on the other side.

No comments: