Monday, November 1, 2010

Sleeping Bear Dunes

We ended up at Sleeping Bear dunes a little later. It was a pretty nice day and somewhat clear although it was a little on the cold side. I think this was the last weekend it would be open until the spring.

This is looking out at one of the lakes nearby. I think this is where M-22 goes.

A closeup shot of a milkweed.

Looking at one of the dunes.

This is looking across at one of the other dunes.

A shot of a stand of trees.

I liked the texture on this shot. During the summer they had a boardwalk setup so that it was easier to walk around this. The boardwalk was packed up for the winter.

This is a fossil near the main dune.

This is a shot of the dune from another vantage point.

As I looked over the horizon, I saw this pair of ships.

This is a farmhouse that is now on the property of the park, I think.

And a barn on that same property.

No comments: