Sunday, February 14, 2016

A Cold Day for the Wolverine

The thermometer was hovering around 20 degrees Fahrenheit but it felt much colder than that as there was a nice little wind blowing.  While that's enough to deter me from other photography, I figure I can stand the roughly minute or so it takes to get a picture of the Wolverine.
 As I was waiting, I decided to get a picture of the freight house.
 I also decided to get a picture of the depot and other buildings.
 It wasn't too long before I heard the bells of the crossing gates, so I got out of my car to get some pictures.
 The Wolverine was about 20 minutes or so late today.  I think that had an impact on the eastbound Wolverine because that was also about 20 minutes late, so I didn't get pictures of that one.
 It's amazing that something large can do over 100 miles per hour.
 I don't think it's moving that fast past Ypsilanti though but it wouldn't surprise me if it was doing around 50.
It looks like Amtrak is sticking with the two engines at front configuration.  The lights here are to indicate the end of the train.

Enjoy your Valentines Day.

No comments: