Tuesday, November 27, 2018

The Stevenson Road Covered Bridge

The next bridge is a little more due north of Xenia, Ohio.
 I found the next bridge as I discovered Stevenson Road and remembered the name of the Bridge.  I kind of deduced where the bridge would be and followed my instinct.  I wasn't terribly disappointed with this bridge either.
 The Stevenson Road Bridge was built in 1877 by the Smith Bridge Company.  In 1975, it was refurbished and in 2003, it's road was closed to traffic.
 I think they did some further work on it in 2015 or so.  At any rate, it looks well kept up.
But it still begs the question, at what point can you call refurbishment a replica?  I find it hard to believe that any of the original materials are left in the bridge.   But it's still nice to see that some people care.
Sadly, it was getting close to dark when I found this bridge.  As I was trying to look for another, I stumbled across a town called Yellow Spring which looked kind of interesting.  It was home to Antioch College which also sounded pretty interesting.  Next time I am in the area, I will have to explore both.

No comments: