Saturday, January 6, 2024

The Alpena on the Last Trip of her Season

 I decided to go boatwatching today even though the weather didn't look the greatest.  There were two ships I definitely wanted to catch and one that I was hoping to catch (but I didn't have to).

I didn't get started early enough to catch her where I wanted.  I was actually hoping to catch her at Port Huron but Algonac will work.
I saw the Alpena had Cleveland as her destination, sometimes that means she is heading for layup but not necessarily.
I asked a friend and he told me that she was going for layup.
Since this was my last time to see her this season, I decided to go catch her.
I'm not sure if she is carrying anything.
But I do know she is not completely empty.
That will happen when she reaches Cleveland.
They will drain her ballast and she will be almost out of the water.
I think they are going to do some work on her too.
And off she goes.


No comments: