Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Algowood if She Could

So the Herbert C. Jackson led me up to Port Huron.  As I was there, I checked AIS and saw that there were a few ships coming down.  The next ship was the Algowood.
 She has been on this blog before, so I'm not going to go into her details here.
 One of the nice things about catching ships at Port Huron is that you get a fairly long chance to get some headshots.  Normally I am taking pictures in front of the range light.  This is what ships line up on to enter the channel.
 The Algowood dwarfed by the Blue Water Bridge.
 She gets closer and starts to make the turn into the proper channel.
 An almost beam shot.
 She works her way into the river.  And this is why it's called Blue Water.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
And she heads down the river.

No comments: