Saturday, May 24, 2014

The North Shore Scenic Express

The train trip was roughly an hour long.  It went up along the shoreline and came back.  It was pretty cool.
 Passing the former Coast Guard Cutter Sundew.  I think there may be tours of it at some time.  Makes me think I should go take a tour of the Bramble.
 A better shot of the Irvin from the front.
 From the other side.
 The Vietnam Memorial from the other side.
 This was the ending point of our trip.  It is a little creek.  I think there might even be a waterfall.
 The Apollon and Federal Mattawa were still anchored out in the Lake.  The ice seems to have shifted back.
 A Korean War Memorial.
 I kind of liked the way the Aerial Lift Bridge was reflecting in the water.
 Even freighters have to wait.
 A rusting switcher along the line.
An old truck.

No comments: