Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Wandering Around the Canal Park Area

I had a little time to kill before the next ship and I wanted to grab lunch at a different restaurant, so I decided to walk around the Canal Park area.
 I liked the way the Aerial Lift Bridge was reflecting in the puddles on the ground, so I decided to grab this picture.
 Looking across the river at the other lighthouse.
 The front of the Maritime Museum.  Like I said, it reminds me the pilothouse of a classic lake freighter.
 Looking up at the Lift Bridge.
 Looking up from another angle.
 As I was walking across the bridge.
 A sculpture in the area.  I think it is a fountain but it is too early for that.
 I think this used to be an industrial area at one time.  It has been converted into shops and restaurants and is pretty touristy.
 Another sculpture.
 Looking towards Downtown Duluth.
 Looking down Lake Street.  I've spent a fair amount of time on this street now.
 I'm not sure what this was the entrance to but I liked the highlights.
 The Corps of Engineers office.  I love the architecture on these buildings.
 Another angle of the lift bridge.
I believe this is the Corps of Engineers Seal.

No comments: