Thursday, May 8, 2014

The Sichem Defiance Passes St Clair

I like it when I get the bonus of ships that I wasn't expecting to see.  I especially like it when that bonus is a ship that I'd never seen before.  Which was the case tonight.
 So next up is the Sichem Defiance.  I don't have a ton of details on her though.  She is one of the various ocean going vessels that occasionally sail on the Great Lakes though.
 She was launched in 2001 and is owned by the Eitzen Chemical company out of Norway.  She can carry a little over 17,000 tons of cargo.  I'm not sure where she's flagged from though.
 Many purists don't like the salties and I don't mind them.  Usually they offer a different color palette than the lakers.
 Athough they all look fairly similar.
 Here she is about to get eaten by the American Century.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 She passes by.
And one more shot.  As much as I wanted to follow her up to Port Huron, I decided to chase the American Century instead.

No comments: