Friday, May 23, 2014

The Roger Blough in Duluth

These pictures are a combination of pictures I took from the cruise and later as she was leaving Duluth.
 Anyone who has followed this blog for a long time knows that the Roger Blough is my favorite ship.  I was hoping that I would catch her as she headed back up this way.  I was thinking that I would need to catch her in Two Harbors as that is normally where she goes.  I was happy to find out that she would be going to Duluth instead. 
 I'm not normally in a place where I get to see ships load.  Detroit is normally a place where cargos are delivered. 
 A shot of her stack.
 Some of her crew staring at the tour boat.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 I was hoping to catch her earlier in the day, but she didn't end up leaving until nighttime.  It seemed like she was taking her sweet time to leave because it was starting to get cooler.
 I'm glad that the bridge was well lit enough to catch a shot of her.
 The Blough framed by the Aerial Lift Bridge.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
Sadly it wasn't well lit down the rest of the channel but I was happy to catch her.

Like I said in my last Blough post, I might have an outside chance to catch her as she passes Detroit.

No comments: