Saturday, May 24, 2014

The Lake Superior Railroad Museum

For the past couple of years, my vacation has involved a train trip.  Since I couldn't take a train from Michigan to Duluth, I decided to use some of my miles to fly up here.  As I was looking for things to do, I found out that there was a short train trip that I could take.  So I headed over to the Railroad Museum in order to take a train trip.
 The Railroad Museum is on the site of the old depot.  There was actually a fairly nice view of downtown from there.
This is a nice classic looking depot.  The entrance was to the back of the depot.
 In front of the museum was a fairly nice N-scale set up.  I guess it gives me some inspiration for my set at home.
 I think this was a recreation of a station that used to be in Duluth.  The museum itself looked like an old town.
 An HO scale model of the ore dock.  I thought it was pretty cool that they included a ship model.
 An old steam engine.
 A shot from the front.
 An old car.
 One of the earliest diesel engines.  I believe it is called an F7.
 Another steam locomotive.
 A caboose from the old Soo Line.
 A snow plow for a train.
 A scale version of Duluth.
A real version of Duluth.

No comments: