Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Ken Boothe Sr./Lakes Contender Pass Port Huron

I saw that I had an outside chance of catching the Roger Blough as she passed Port Huron.  I thought it would be kind of cool since I got to see her leaving Duluth.  One of my long term goals is to try and follow a ship during it's travels.  I have a feeling this is the closest I'm going to get.
 A pair of tugs near where I was waiting for the Lakes Contender.  There are normally tugs docked here.
 The Ken Boothe Sr/Lakes Contender is one of several articulated tug/barges that sail on the lakes.  They were built by Donjon Shipbuilding in Erie, PA in 2011/2012.  This is one I haven't seen before.
 The barge portion is 740 feet long and can carry almost 34,000 tons of cargo.  It was built in 2012.
 The tug was built in 2011.
The pair heading off somewhere.

No comments: