Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Roger Blough Enters Duluth

I was happy to find out that the Roger Blough would be entering Duluth while I was here.  I was disappointed when I figured out that she would be entering at night.  After some asking around on the boatnerds group, I figured out that I might have a chance to get a picture of her at the Lift Bridge because they keep it floodlit.
 I had to take a few test shots to try and get the right angles and stuff.  I also wanted to have the right settings on my camera because I didn't think I would have much time to mess around with that.  So I took some pictures of the lift bridge.
 So then I took some pictures of buildings that weren't directly lit and I saw this would probably work.
 A couple of the grain elevators across the harbor.
 Then the bridge started to lift.  The Roger Blough would be here soon.
 She started to appear but wasn't terribly well lit.
 She got a little closer and my hopes were up.
 I liked this shot of her pilothouse.  I knew I wasn't going to get a full shot of her though.
 A shot with the lighthouse in it.  This is probably my favorite of the bunch.
 More of her pilothouse.
And a shot of her deckhouse.  I am hoping that I will catch her tomorrow.

No comments: