Tuesday, May 13, 2014

The Lovely Lee A. Tregurtha

Next up is the ever lovely Lee A. Tregurtha.  I believe she was heading down to Dearborn to unload some taconite.
 She slowly works her way down Lake Huron.  She probably cuts one of the more unique profiles on the Great Lakes.
 Since I was in the same spot for the Indiana Harbor, I had another opportunity for a headshot.  She definately shows her past as an ocean going vessel.
 The three quarters shot.
 She gets a little closer.
 And passes the bridge.
 And gives me a chance to get her lovely profile.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
 She slowly works her way into the St. Clair River.
 And almost as nice of a stern shot.
 So next, I headed to the little park just south of Port Huron.
 Here she was speeding up to pass the Indiana Harbor.
 When I got to St. Clair, I would see the Lee A. Tregurtha before the Indiana Harbor.
 And that's just fine with me.
 A closeup of her pilothouse.
 She proudly flies her Interlake Flag.
 A closeup of her pilothouse and war ribbons.
 Another shot of her pilothouse.
 Her bow.
 And stack.
 She also proudly flies the Stars and Stripes.
 And then I caught her off Belle Isle.  She really gained some distance on the Indiana Harbor.
 Another quarter shot.
 A beam shot.
 A shot of her pilothouse.
I wish I would have had a little more time because I would have tried to catch her on the Rouge River.

No comments: